Hefner Energy seeks a Data Scientist to join our growing team. You are collaborative and creative with an in-depth knowledge of multiple leading coding languages.
The position will work closely with Hefner Energy’s partners to enhance our industry-leading data acquisition and analytics platforms. These applications span from data prediction, mapping, modeling, forecasting, and a vast array of machine learning and deep learning solutions.
This role will be responsible for coding, designing, and developing Hefner Energy’s advanced oil & gas data analytics platform. The job’s main focus areas will be: (a) integration of Hefner Energy’s current analytics code (R) into single cohesive platform and (b) designing and developing an integrated UI for the platforms many modules.
- Fluent in Python and R - Java and C++ strongly preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Shiny, D3, and Spotfire
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- In-depth knowledge of leading analytics platforms
- Strong statistical and mathematical background with experience in machine learning and deep learning applications
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with big data technologies in a cloud environment
About Hefner Energy
Hefner Energy is an alternative investment company located in Oklahoma City, OK founded by Robert A. Hefner V in 2009. Hefner Energy benefits from a strong historical understanding rooted in five generations of relationships in the energy business coupled with an industry leading team devoted to new-age digital applications.
We currently aggregate long-life assets in world class unconventional oil and gas plays able to generate strong returns in a $40 oil environment like Oklahoma’s Anadarko Basin.
- Health insurance with 50% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Centrally located in Oklahoma City
- Multiple growth-oriented companies