Hefner Energy seeks an Acquisition Specialist to join our growing team. You love people and are extremely proficient with managing your relationships - people just seem to like you dang it. You are able to hear "no" often, yet remain positive and you're inherently a positive person.
This position will work closely with the land team and will be responsible for multiple facets of the acquisitions process directly with mineral owners.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in lease acquisitions, mineral acquisitions, or sales
- Proficient in determining when and what curative documents are necessary
- Proficient with computers (e.g. typing speeds in excess of 50 wpm)
- Proficient with mail merge in Microsoft Office suite
- Positivity and determination
- Experience with Lexis Nexus Accurint
- Ability to change gears quickly and juggle multiple deals at once
- Locating mineral owners via Accurint
- Negotiations with mineral owners
- Negotiations with attorneys
- Sourcing mineral owners
- Large-scale mailer campaigns
- Working alongside title and due diligence teams to efficiently close deals
- Making contact with at least 100 owners per week
About Hefner Energy
Hefner Energy is an alternative investment company located in Oklahoma City, OK founded by Robert A. Hefner V in 2009. With a family history dating back to the world-famous Spindletop oilfield (1901), Hefner Energy benefits from a strong historical understanding and over a century of relationships in the energy business.
Hefner Energy is currently aggregating long-life assets in world class unconventional plays able to generate strong returns in a $40 oil environment. We are mostly active in Oklahoma’s Anadarko Basin, home to the world-class SCOOP and STACK.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance with 50% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Centrally located in Oklahoma City
- Multiple growth-oriented companies